PADI Search & Recovery Specialty
It happens: People accidentally drop things from docks, off boats or even while scuba diving. If you’ve ever lost something in the water and wanted to go find it, then the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course is for you. There are effective ways to search for objects underwater that increase your chances of success. And there are good and better methods to bring up small, large or just awkward items. Search and recovery can be challenging, but a whole lot of fun.
What you will learn:
Gathering information and resources, then carefully planning a search are the first important steps you learn. During four scuba dives you’ll practice:
- Swimming search patterns using your compass and natural navigation.
- Locating large and small objects using various search patterns.
- Using a lift bag for large or heavy objects, plus other recovery methods.
- Planning a search operation based on facts gathered about a lost object prior to the dive.
- 12 years of age
- PADI Junior Open Water Diver (or equivalent rating from another training agency)
Full Time: 2 Days
Part Time: 1 evening lecture and 1 weekend
- 2 Sea Dives
- Hire of Scuba Equipment
- PADI Registration
The Next Step…
- Contact us to enrol in the PADI Search & Recovery Specialty Course and find out more
- Check out the PADI Master Scuba Diver Rating
Other Diving Courses
- Try Diving
- PADI Scuba Courses
- Specialty Courses
- Instructor Courses