Reef and Wreck Dives
The drop-offs, pinnacles, deep gullies and an exceptional diversity of soft corals and marine life makes it a rewarding and exciting place to dive.
The accessibility of shore diving and the ease of boat diving, the close proximity of reefs to the launch site and the professional and personal care ensures that diving is a pleasure, an adventure and thrilling every time.
Algoa Bay is also on the migration route of many large mammals, sightings of Humpback and Southern Right Whales, dolphins, seals and jackass penguins are common.
The friendly city of Port Elizabeth is the gateway to Algoa Bay. White Blue Flag beaches are an inviting sight and Pro Dive operates from Hobie beach which is close to hotels, private guest lodges, B&B and various shop and restaurants.
Port Elizabeth is a large and upmarket city close to the Addo Elephant National Park and many private game reserves. It is an easy drive from Jeffrey’s Bay and Plettenberg Bay.
Reef & Wreck Dive Facts:
- Both Boat Dives and Shore Dives
- Min Temperature: 14 degrees Celsius (July/August)
- Max Temperature: 20/22 degrees Celsius (December/January)
- Depth (in meters): 6m – 40m
- Visibility (in meters): 1 – 20m+
- Recommended wetsuit: 5mm, 2 piece and hoodie
- Equipment rental and airfills available on Site
- Hot showers & washing up facilities available
Other Dive Sites in Port Elizabeth
- Shallow Boat Dives
- Deep Boat Dives
- Marine Park
- Shore Entry Dives